Monday, March 23, 2009

the theme song for my year

mike_monteiro_makeit_500px_artworkimage

I will admit that I am now getting antsy. It's been a year (OMG!!) since my husband packed up and left me behind in South Carolina to go play war in the Iraqi desert.

At that point, I thought that things couldn't get any worse. I should have checked my thoughts at the door because it seems that the general way of the world since then has indeed been nothing BUT worse.

Imagine my delight when I stumbled upon a great old Mountain Goats' song "This Year" about six months ago. It became my theme song and carried me through the late fall and winter.

But things have gotten old and the lyrics started to lose their impact. Really, it's time that this is over and I get to have a normal life, even in the midst of record unemployment and general financial doom.

Leave it to Jen Berkman and 20x200 to offer me a last thread to hang onto. And of course thank you, Mike Monteiro. As soon as I can afford it, this print will grace my walls as a reminder that we can handle anything life throws us. At least for a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment