Wednesday, April 1, 2009

3 wishes

erez

Consider yourself forewarned, this posting is going to come across as incredibly shallow, self involved, materialistic and less than attractive. Nonetheless, a girl's gotta be honest every once in awhile.

A few months ago, when thirty still felt fairly far off, I decided that I must own three things prior to the big birthday: a phone that checks email, my first pair of real designer sunglasses and a "grown up" watch. (And though there are many other things I want to achieve, among them a career with meaning, a healthy marriage and some type of plan for a family of our own, this is not the posting for that.)

Shortly after David left for Iraq, I found myself at the mall in the middle of a pity party, taking home a pair of Versace glasses that would make Nicole Ricci proud. A few months later, I took the plunge and got an iPhone and can honestly say that my life has much improved since. However, with my birthday only 6 months away and not many job opportunities in sight in Norfolk, I was about to throw in the towel when it came to a grown up watch. Just when I was ready to admit defeat, the new J Crew catalog arrived in the mail.

And though it is just a Timex, this might be just the answer to my third and final wish. And though it might just whet my appetite and tide me over for a few years, maybe adding the striped band to my shopping cart will prolong the satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment