Thursday, February 12, 2009

it's the little things in life

I normally don't eat "heat ups" as David calls them. But with recent circumstances, I've introduced a few new (read cheap) items into the rotation.

Today I had my first WeightWatchers Chicken Quesadilla. It was fine.

But the instructions on how to prepare? Maybe one of the funniest things I've read in the past few weeks.

They begin:
1. Remove 1 (in BOLD!) Quesadilla (1 serving) -- Once again, BOLD! Return second Quesadilla to freezer. (yes, in italic)

Directions continue:
4. Microwave on high for 1:45 - 2:15 minutes (watch closely as overheating may cause loss of filling)

Let's get this straight: is some woman out there using the directions to prepare her 220 calorie meal to provide her last bit of will power to avoid eating something that actually tastes good, like a real quesadilla? If so, God forbid she lose the least amount of filling that she deserves for being so good and listening and returning the second quesadilla to the freezer. I can only imagine her reaction. Well, screw you WeightWatchers, you lost my filling, so I am going DEFY you and ignore that first instruction to return the second quesadilla to the freezer. Woman's gotta eat.

Really, this is hilarious to me. I keep thinking about it at random times of day and laughing at loud. At this point even Sooner recognizes the absurdity.

It's the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment